Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big Papi or Big Liar?

Now it is David Ortiz's turn to face the steroid music. Yawn.

This is getting older than a Pat Burrell swing-and-a-miss on strike three.

The Red Sox slugger's name is apparently on that list of 104 who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs back in 2003, linking Big Papi with A-Rod.

Here's what Ortiz said in spring training about those baseball players who are believed to have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs"

"Ban 'em for the whole year."

Here is his statement to the media before he spoke to reporters after Thursday's game against the visiting A's, a game the Red Sox won with the help of an Ortiz home run.

"Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. I will find out what I tested positive for. You know me, I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

Ortiz said he will talk again after he got to the bottom of the situation. Translation: "I will talk again after my agent and the player's association tells me what to say."

This is getting old.

Sluggers fail tests mike Manny Ramirez or are found to be among the 104 who failed the 2003 testing. They try to come clean with fake apologies and excuses.

It would be much easier on baseball fans if all 104 names on the list were revealed, though that will never happen since that list was confidential and supposed to be destroyed.

So, we'll have to deal with the occasional leaked name like that bathroom faucet that drips all night.

Very annoying.

No comments: