Friday, October 24, 2008

Back in Philly

Flew through Philly a week ago on the way back from Boston, and I looked down on Citizens Bank Park as we landed.

My buddy, Whitney Johnson of WDAE fame, was also on the flight, and we wondered while eating breakfast during the layover if that was as close as we would get to the home of the Phillies this October.

The Phillies had won the National League pennant two days earlier.

The Rays almost clinched the American League crown the night before in Game of the ALCS but couldn’t hold a 7-0 lead in the seventh.

Was it a blip in their wonderful postseason run or the start of a historic meltdown?

Ah, but I am back here in Philly, because the Don’t Doubt Us Rays held off the Red Sox in seven games and have played the Phillies even through two games of this World Series.

I landed a few hours ago, but didn’t see the ballpark. We came in on a different runway.

I’ll see the stadium later today, though. The Rays are scheduled for a late afternoon workout.
And I’ll see it for the next three nights, too, for Games 3, 4, 5 of the Series.

Great stadium, by the way.

No comments: