Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tangled up in blue


It’s not easy being blue?

No. It’s not easy being green, according to Kermit The Frog.

Not sure of his take on the Tampa Bay Rays new uniforms, but it’s taking me a little time to get used to all the blue.

Sure, you see the T-shirts and hats in the stores around town, but walk into the Rays clubhouse, like I did Thursday, and see all the blue hanging from hooks that used to hold green and, Wow!

Then came Friday’s first workout of the spring and it is blue caps and blue jerseys and I felt like I was at the wrong complex.

Saturday was a little better.

The blue is growing on me, though I never saw anything wrong with the green.

They looked sharp, especially the sleeveless white jerseys with the green undershirts. But, no one consulted me before the change.

I suspect by the end of spring training the Rays will be identified by their blue and it will be like the time my neighbor painted her house yellow – a rather loud shade of yellow – and within a week I couldn’t remember what the color of the house used to be.

It wasn’t green. I know that much.

No comments: