Friday, March 7, 2008

Sunglasses, bats and Bics

A representative of a company that supplies sunglasses to major league ballplayers – for free, I might add – sat in the far corner of the Rays dugout Friday morning with a case of sunglasses and mirror.

B.J. Upton went through several pair, checking the look in the mirror before heading to the field for batting practice.

That’s a daily ritual of spring training.

The glove makers stopped by the Rays while they were still working out at the complex.

The bat makers have been here all week.

Nike representatives worked the clubhouse Wednesday.

Me? I’m waiting for the Bic guy to get here to check out the 2008 line of pens. I hear they are lighter and can write upside down, you know, like the astronauts.

As for my notebooks, I’m strictly a Dunder-Mifflin guy. They’re out of Scranton, Pa. I go through Dwight Schrute.

No comments: